Rhatigan “Rusty” Cadash
Smuggler, storyteller and jungle guide.
CG Male Hill Dwarf
87 years old
AC: 17 (+3 Dex, +4 Armored Coat)
Speed: 20 ft.
Background: Charlatan – Smuggler
Base Attack Bonus: +1
- Heavy Crossbow + 4 (1d10/ 19-20 x2)
- Shortsword + 2 (1d6+ 1/ 19-20 x2)
- Dagger + 2/+ 4 (1d4+ 1/ 19-20 x2)
- Hand Crossbow + 4 (1d4/ 19-20 x2)
+1 attack and damage rolls vs. orcs & goblinoids
+2 attack and damage rolls; +2 Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival; +4 AC vs. Giants
ABILITY SCORES/SAVING THROWS
- Strength: 13 (+1)
- Dexterity: 17 (+3)
- Constitution: 13 (+1)
- Intelligence: 14 (+2)
- Wisdom: 16 (+3)
- Charisma: 13 (+1)
Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3
+2 saves vs. poison, spells and spell-like abilities
Bluff +5, Climb +6, Knowledge: Nature +5, Perform: Oratory +7, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +6
- Rapid Reload: Lower time is takes to reload a crossbow by 1 step.
- Defensive Training: +4 Dodge bonus vs. Giants.
- Hardy: +2 bonus to saves vs. poison, spells and spell-like abilities.
- Stability: +4 racial bonus to CMD vs. Bull Rush or Trip while standing on the ground.
- Greed: +2 Appraise to determine the price of non-magical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
- Stonecunning: +2 Perception and History checks related to stonework. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they’re actively looking.
- Darkvision: 60 ft.
- Hatred: +1 bonus on attack rolls vs. orcs and goblinoids.
- Favored Enemy: Giants (+2 attack and damage rolls; +2 Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival checks).
- Track: Add ½ Ranger level to Survival checks made to follow tracks.
- Wild Empathy: Functions like Diplomacy but with animals.
Currency: 4 gp, 1 sp
Backpack, Bedroll, Blanket, Waterskin (x3), Bottle of Fine Wine, Pipe, Tobacco (x30), Rations (x3), Hemp Rope – 50 ft, Steel Mirror, Guitar, Dagger (X2), Crossbow Bolts (x50), a set of fine clothes, a disguise kit, con tools – deck of marked cards
Rusty is a smuggler, a liar, a charlatan and a cheater, but the word he would use is “traveling entertainer and storyteller of some repute”. He is a Hill Dwarf, a member of the Dwarven Merchant’s Guild and a known associate of the Thieves’ Guild. He loves the simple things in life and his greatest pleasure is in telling a good story (which may or may not be incredibly embellished to make it a better story).
He’s a black sheep among dwarves; his appearance, attire and conduct are not typical of his people. As an exile, he bears little love for Dwarves living underground and bears little interest in masonry, smithing or any of the other trades typically valued by the Dwarves. Although he does share his people’s love of gold and precious stones.
Despite being a criminal, Rusty has a heart of gold; he cares more about doing what’s right, instead of what is legal and he tries to avoid pointless bloodshed. He balks at authority and loathes those who sees themselves as better than others, especially if they do so due to the circumstances of their birth. He just can’t resist swindling those who see themselves as “in charge” and he delights in putting bullies in their place.
He makes an effort to get along with his compatriots during the Expedition. He has a cool and collected bearing, always in control and never losing his temper. He’s got a joke for every occasion, especially those occasions where humor is inappropriate. He’s loyal to his friends and that’s about it.